Comment on Spinach Pie by Nicole.
I Love This Spinach Pie! Here are Ten Reasons Why.
1. Versatile: It’s tasty hot or cold.
2. Problem-solver: It’s a great recipe to make before you go away on vacation. (You can eat it for dinner one night that week, and the leftovers are easy to wrap in aluminum foil and eat as breakfast if you have to make an early morning flight and don’t want to mess with washing dishes or taking out the trash again. You could even eat it in the car.)
3. Adaptable: I didn’t have time to cook bacon, so I used some chopped ham (Nature’s Promise uncured Black Forest ham from Stop & Shop) and smoked paprika. Perfect substitute.
4. Husband-pleaser: My husband liked it as well.
5. Lunch-able: I’m thinking I could take a bunch of 1-cup Pyrex baking dishes (the kind that have plastic snap-on lids), and I could bake a bunch of these to take to work
6. Cheese-able: It’s easy enough to sprinkle Pecorino Romano or cheddar cheese on top for friends or guests who may not have dairy allergies.
7. Shareable: I’m going to send this recipe to my friends who raises their own chickens. They will be able to use up their eggs.
8. Nutritious: I like that this recipe is an easy way to get more nutrition and spinach in your diet.
9. Good texture: The spinach and egg ratios are spot-on and create a good density and texture. With that base, I imagine a cook could improvise with whatever meat and fresh herbs are on hand. I did find that the recipe needed the salt, despite the salty ham. Then again, I love salt.
10. Easy to make: The recipe is not difficult. If it seems overwhelming, you can measure the ingredients one day and then assemble them the next. I put the sealed frozen bags of spinach in a large bowl of warm water, and then I pressed down on the spinach in a colander to drain it. The ingredients look like they might be too much to fit into the baking dish, but they fit! The mixture doesn’t bubble up and overflow. It’s neat. I made it in a square Pyrex baking dish that’s about 8″ or 9″. Simple to do. I’m going to make it again and again.
Recent Comments by Nicole
Coconut Almond Chocolate Candy Footballs
Dee, these look adorable!